Thursday, October 2, 2008

Controversial? Check.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/HomeMortgageSavings/designing-the-100000-baby.aspx#pageTopAchor

Read this article and give me some feedback on what you think. Mainly about the first page.

Personally i think it is absurd to take the creation process out of god's hands and into our own. I fear for the future and what this could lead too. I know there are many people out there, non believers and believers alike that are, with the right amount of money, going to do something like this, and it just scares me. I could see it creating two very separate classes of people. Where the enhanced look down on the natural. Where the enhanced have a ticket to the upper class, and the natural plunge into lower class because they are beat in every facet of life by the higher intelligence, highly athletic, perfect people. Will then it force everyone to need to enhance? I wont do it. But will my kids? Will their kids?

What will God think, about us taking the creation process out of his hands?

I have many questions about this.

Let me know what you guys think, whether your for or against it speak up. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those kinds of things really disgust me. It's disturbing that people are trying to play God, and that they are seeing babies as products instead of people. It would be a terrifying day if this idea ever comes to fruition.