Friday, November 14, 2008

I dont know what your bible says, but mine says this...

"God created man in his image; in the divine image he created him; male and female he created them" (Genesis 1:27)




"With [the tongue] we bless the Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings who are made in the image of God . . . This ought not be so, brothers" (James 3:9-10).



The image of God! This is what it means to be human! We are not just a bunch of cells randomly thrown together by some impersonal forces. Rather, we really reflect an eternal God who knew us from before we were made, and purposely called us into being.





When the first mother brought forth the first child, she exclaimed, "I have brought forth a man with the help of the Lord" (Genesis 4:1). "The help of the Lord "





Thus says the LORD, "For three transgressions of the sons of Ammon and for four I will not revoke its punishment, Because they ripped open the pregnant women of Gilead..." (Amos 1:13)





"Truly children are a gift from the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward" (Psalm 127:3).





"For You formed my inward parts;You wove me in my mother's womb"(Psalm 139:13).





But when God, who had set me apart even from my mother's womb and called me through His grace, was pleased (Galatians 1:15).





"They mutilated their sons and daughters by fire…till the Lord, in his great anger against Israel, put them away out of his sight..." (2 Kings 17:17-18).

Now the word of the LORD came to me saying, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations." (Jeremiah 1:4-5)




"This is the message you have heard from the beginning: we should love one another, unlike Cain who belonged to the evil one and slaughtered his brother" (1 John 3:11-12). Love is directly contrasted with slaughter. To take the life of another is to break the command of love. To fail to help those in need and danger is also to fail to love. Christ teaches this clearly in the parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37), in the story of the rich man and Lazarus (Luke 16:19-31), and in many other places.

No comments: