Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Your ruining your life, one video/picture at a time.

This one hit me pretty hard.

"He was a close friend of the family, we trusted him enough to come over when nobody was home...he was the coach of my girls softball team and my dad was assistant coach, so they were pretty close...one day one of the girls claimed that he had touched her inappropriately while she was sleeping....my dad bailed him out of jail, and even testified for him...we were a traveling team so we spent many nights in hotels playing games....one night my dad called and told me the coach has a warrant out for his arrest...the police found a bag of video tapes of girls on the team....dad was asked to identify some of the girls...dad told me he identified many of the girls, one of them was me...they said he had snuck video cameras into our bathrooms of the hotels while we were on the road...he had coached our team for 7 years..."

This was one of the confessions on XXXchurch.com. One of the confessions of how P0rn has affected someones life. Its one thing to think about how it is affecting one person. Its another to think how for some people it will evolve into something much more then just a personal thing. While all the other confessions were about how it affected each individual and their own life, this girl shared a story about how it affected hers, and many other girls lives. After watching those confessions i realized the biggest problem people have is talking to other people about their problem. I realize that from what i read, people really feel they are alone, not in that they look at the stuff, but they feel they are alone in their addiction to it. And that's not the case.

My problem is i want to do something to help. But i don't know how. Its one of the most difficult subjects for a guy to bring up to another guy, specially as a christian to another brother. Its embarrassing, its shameful, and its something that takes soo much time to conquer. Its been shunned by the church, pastors, deacons, elders, they all tell boys and men alike to keep this between them and god because its not "proper" to talk about it. Well that's the biggest load of crap i have ever heard. Jesus didn't mind talking about it. Paul didn't mind talking about it. Heck, Paul brought it out into the open and shamed the Corinthians for it in front of the entire church. So why aren't we supposed to talk about it again? I know there is a time and place. But to keep it between god and yourself cause it isn't proper? That's ridiculous. But that's what we are made to believe. That's what we are coerced into thinking. That's how we have been brainwashed to feel.

So what do i do? How do i help? How do i break that mold, that wall, and that barrier and get through to pretty much every male that we need to talk about this, we need to get something going, so that we as men can all defeat this problem. And what do i do about the women? I mean i know I'm not supposed to talk to them about this kind of stuff. But if i don't, who will? Im not saying im going to. I couldnt do that, it wouldnt sit right. Im just expressing the opinion of "who will?". I know women don't all look at it like almost all men do, but i know there are many. A quote from another girl from a confession "I started watching it when i was 9...its been a battle ever since...MORE women and girls watch it then most men know, and more women and girls watch it then ALL women know." Sounds to me like it is even more shamed upon for women to say anything about it then it is for men. So what do i do? What do i do to get something started for women? And what do i do to help my fellow brothers? I am lost because i want to help, but don't know how.

That is all.

P.S. I drove by your street last night. I looked down it to your house and saw a car, parked right where i used to park. Guess what. I didn't feel a thing. No sadness. No remorse. Nothing. I drove on with my friends, and had a great time. And i was happy.




Randall's lyrics of the day:


If I could only get a kiss
I could make you take a risk
on a boy who wants this
And now the sun has sunk below
The evening wind now starts to blow
I catch the scent of you're perfume
It lifts me higher than the moon

I'll be fine if you stay by my side...

Never felt this way in my whole life
Never had this feeling before tonight
I can't get you off my mind
Cause you shine, Girl
Oh you know you shine

Your eyes are brighter than the sun
They make me see that you're the one
Your smile takes my breath away
and leaves me with nothing to say
You aren't like any other girl
that I've met in this whole world
You're so much more than they can be
So won't you please just be with me?

I'll be fine if you stay the night...

Never felt this way in my whole life
Never had this feeling before tonight
I can't get you off my mind
Cause you shine, Girl
Oh you know you shine



Randall's verse of the day :

2 Corinthians 12:19-21

19 Have you been thinking all along that we have been defending ourselves to you? We have been speaking in the sight of God as those in Christ; and everything we do, dear friends, is for your strengthening.
20 For I am afraid that when I come I may not find you as I want you to be, and you may not find me as you want me to be. I fear that there may be quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, factions, slander, gossip, arrogance and disorder.
21 I am afraid that when I come again my God will humble me before you, and I will be grieved over many who have sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged.

No comments: