Thursday, September 4, 2008

Spare me

I cant stand it when someone tries to impress me. Seriously, I hate it when someone tries to name drop, or activity drop (example "i went and scaled the Rockies last week and will be going to snorkel the great barrier reef next week." or "I am the leader of a non profit organization helping kids that were viciously attacked by lions and were left for dead missing more than two of their limbs and cant afford prosthetics because there parents don't have jobs after having there legs mangled by river otters in the amazon. " or "i go to church 7 days a week, i am the youth leader, i am the lead singer and guitarist of the worship team, i lead five bible studies a week, i lead the church on community based outreach programs, i disciple 24 people by meeting with each one two times in one week, and i frequently visit hospice to show all the dieing people that there is hope beyond their shrivelling decaying bodies."), or ANYTHING drop.

Seriously. Its OK to talk about things. But to drop them intentionally to try and impress me, look, its just not going to work. Because honestly, i don't care about that crap. It doesn't win points. Be who you are, because that's what i find interesting. Like i said, if i ask, or you are really excited about a certain event that just happened or it pertains to the conversation, go ahead and talk about those things. BUT DON'T do it as a way of impressing me.

Oh and here is something else to think about, when trying to find ways to impress me.

I'm not worth it. Seriously, if you are trying to impress me because you want to look cool to me, you want me to be interested in you, or you just want to fit in with me, realize.....seriously realize that i am not worth it. I'm not that cool, you seriously don't want someone like me to be interested in you because i am full of horrible sins you probably wont want to deal with, and well there is nothing to fit in to, i generally accept everyone for who they are and find myself trying to be the one to fit in.


Again i cant stress the fact more that i don't want this to be taken the wrong way. You CAN talk to me about high star power names, or amazing activities, or the amazing things god is doing in your life, I really am interested and i really want to know whats going on in all of my friends and acquaintances lives. I just don't want it to be talked about to impress me. Because there are times when it is obvious that that is the reason things like that are talked about.

I also don't mean to sound like a cocky arrogant conceded prick. I don't know why anyone would want to impress me, i have just noticed it a few different times in the past couple weeks. I am blown away as to why anyone would want to, but it has happened. I'm sorry if i sound like a dick. Again it blows my mind that anyone would even care to try and impress me as i am just a stupid boy with nothing to give to anyone. And I'm sorry if i come across as some macho full of himself popular jerk. Cause I'm definitely not macho, full of myself, or popular.

2 comments:

Amy Trianne said...

Oh, so you don't like it when I tell you I'm cooler than you?

Well I guess I will start lying to you then :)
hehhhh. Hang in there. Not sure what you're goin through, but I'll pray for you.

And Ps, I think you're cool.
Hakuna Matata.

Lauren Elise said...

i don't think you're a prick, or arrogant. i don't ever try to impress you either though, so i guess maybe this isn't meant for me. oh well! blogs are fun :) i'll pray that people stop braggin' to ya, and that you realize that you actually ARE pretty cool (gasp! ;p)