Thursday, September 18, 2008

Struggles

I'm going to be honest. I see hypocrisy in everything. And I'm struggling with the fact that that is just how the world is. It bothers me though, that i see it deeply in my fellow believers. I am not trying to put anyone down. Because i see it in myself too. Example. After finishing the new testament i came to the conclusion that i needed to really crack down on one of my biggest problems. And that is/was lust. God has opened my eyes and for the a while now and i can truly say that it is no longer a daily, or even weekly problem. It feels good. I do still struggle at times, because it is a problem i have had for years, but it is so much better now. The reason i thought to myself i should crack down on lust, is well, whenever it talks about bad things or dirty things or wrong things in the new testament, you can be assured that almost every time, lust will be among them. SO hypocrisy. Yeah. I walk around my fellow believers and honestly i can think of one maybe two people who may have lust reasonably under control (by the way, i still don't think i have it what i would consider "reasonably" under control). I don't know whats going on in there mind. I used to think it was only a problem men have. But i have come to the realization that girls have that problem too. And i can honestly say i understand why girls find it so disgusting in a guy that does it. Because its disgusting when girls do it too. Anytime i hear "oh my gosh this guy at school or this friend or this person is sooooo hot". Or better yet, you know how many girls hate it when guys lust over Jessica Alba, or Scarlet johanson, or Angelina Jolie (ew old), or whoever it is that guys regularly lust over. Yeah girls do it too. Maybe not over breasts (you would if we had them ;p), or anything of that nature, but there is still lust there. And yeah, its disgusting. And yet with the world i live in, i am going to have to accept that as something girls do. Whether they do it in front of me or not, they are still going to do it. I'm generalizing i know, not all girls will do this. And that's just one case. What about swearing? What about getting drunk? What about idolizing? Hypocrites, Hypocrites, Hypocrites. Guys and Girls Alike. Myself and others. I am pointing fingers at everyone else. But I'm also point just as many fingers at myself. (whoa that's a lot of fingers). And yet, whats the excuse? "Well, nobody is perfect." "Everyone sins we aren't going to be perfect". "The bible says we cant be perfect." "Well lets be thankful for Jesus because he has made it, not OK, but tolerable(should i say, forgivable?) as long as we ask for forgiveness." UGH. I do wonder sometimes. Does he know that when he looks at Jolie and thinks about how hot she is he is lusting? Does he ask for forgiveness? When she stares at that Enron (or is it efron) guy and talks about how hot he is that she is lusting? Does she ask for forgiveness? Or is that all covered in the "forgive me for the sins i may not realize i have committed" prayer?

I just see a bunch of hypocrites, and am lead to believe that that is the world. And I'm struggling with that. I'm not going to abandon my faith in Jesus Christ. But it makes it difficult for me to have faith in any of my peers. Because we are all a bunch of hypocrites.


These are my struggles.

Thank you human kind.

3 comments:

spartacus21 said...

i think that's one of the keys to a successful community. girls and guys alike were made in God's image. but both adam and eve were to blame in the garden. we're all messed up! and it's when we put expectations on others we get disappointed in the process.

i think that's why we have God as a common ground and he instructs us to love as He does. Because however disgusting our own thoughts are..others are gross too...and to love like God is to know someone and still love them!

Amy Trianne said...

I appreciate your honesty :)

Randall said...

I understand that, and its not that im saying i dont love them. But I have a harder time taking other believers seriously. Its not that i dont love them. But its the state of being content in ones sins that i find most demolishing to my faith in other people. If one is working towards freeing themselves from lust, debauchery, etc etc then i feel i can truly look up to them. But in everybody i see this whole hypocrytical im working towards god aura, but deep down inside they are stagnant in many of their non-glaring sins. I hope this doesnt come across as me looking down or seeming to feel like im better then everyone else because im not. I see this in myself as well. I see this deeply rooted in myself, and i understand why its not something easy to solve or whatever. I dunno. Its hard to relate in words whats going on in my head.